Information Collection and How it is used
- PhotocritiQ collects personal information when you register with PhotocritiQ to use PhotocritiQ services or to post content on PhotocritiQ.
- When you register we ask for your email address and certain optional information such as your name, birth date, birth place, gender, biographical information, ICQ/AIM/Yahoo/MSN user name, and personal interests.
- If you would like to obtain a paid subscriber account, we will ask for your billing address, phone number, and credit card information.
- PhotocritiQ automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookie, and the page you request.
- PhotocritiQ uses information for the following general purposes: products and services provision, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, research, and anonymous reporting.
IP Addresses are automatically reported by your browser each time you view a web page. Your IP address is stored in our user registration databases when you register with PhotocritiQ.
IP addresses may be used for various purposes, including:
- To diagnose or service technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific web company or ISP.
- To estimate the total number of users visiting PhotocritiQ from specific geographical regions.
- To make sure that people are not voting for themselves or friends during contests or promotions.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a web site's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive.
- You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set.
- If you reject all cookies, you will not be able to use PhotocritiQ products or services that require you to "sign in," and you may not be able to take full advantage of the PhotocritiQ service.
- PhotocritiQ uses its own cookies for a number of purposes, including to:
- Access your information when you "sign in";
- Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using PhotocritiQ's services.
- Estimate and report our total audience size and traffic.
- Conduct research to improve PhotocritiQ's content and service.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- When you post a message, your PhotocritiQ ID or alias that you are posting under is visible to other users.
- By clicking on your screen-name, other members of PhotocritiQ are able to see your posting history on the site, and some of your personal information, but not sensitive information, such as your email address. To learn what personal information is disclosed, click on the name of another member of PhotocritiQ. The same information that you can learn about other members is what we disclose to other members about you.
- If you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return. PhotocritiQ does not rent or sell your personal information.
- Generally, PhotocritiQ does not share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies without your consent except to provide products or services you've requested. However, PhotocritiQ may be required to disclose personally identifiable information under special circumstances, such as to comply with subpoenas, warrants, court orders or legal process or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- PhotocritiQ may share demographic information with business partners. No personally identifiable information will ever be used without your permission.
Editing and Deleting Account Information. Security.
- You can change your PhotocritiQ Account Information, at any time.
- We may send you certain communications relating to the PhotocritiQ service, such as service announcements and administrative messages, that are considered part of your PhotocritiQ account.
- You can delete your PhotocritiQ account at any time from your account page; however, please note that your identification, billing and contact information may remain in PhotocritiQ's records for some period. Also, be aware that deleting your account does not necessarily, and in general will not, remove all Content that you may have posted and that this Content will continue to be accessible to others, attributed to the screen-name under which you posted it, or the final screen-name that you had, at the time your account was terminated, at our discretion.
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- Your PhotocritiQ Account Information is password-protected.
- In certain areas, PhotocritiQ uses SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
PhotocritiQ may update this policy at any time for any reason. If there are any significant changes to how we handle personal information we will send a notice to the primary email address specified in your PhotocritiQ account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.